Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten teeth without braces. Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten teeth, without metal or wires.
Invisalign uses 3-D computer imaging technology to depict the complete treatment plan from the initial position to the final desired position from which a series of custom-made, clear “aligners” are produced. Each “aligner” moves teeth incrementally and is worn for 1-2 weeks, then replaced by the next in the series until the final position is achieved.
Benefits of Invisalign include:
- Invisalign is clear. You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Invisalign is removable. Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment. You can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Invisalign is comfortable. There are no metal brackets or wires as with braces to cause mouth irritation, and no metal or wires means you spend less time in the doctor’s chair getting adjustments.
- Invisalign allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan before you start – so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
Porcelain veneers are routinely used to idealize teeth that are stained, discoloured, worn, misaligned or chipped.
Porcelain veneers are gaining immense popularity over the past 30 years as everyone wants that hollywood perfect smile.. Developing dental technology has made veneers more lifelike and convenient than ever before. New types of porcelain are stronger and reflect light similarly to natural dental enamel.
A Few Of The Main Advantages Of Porcelain Veneers Are:
- Realistic appearance compared to any other kind of restorations
- Resists staining
- Good Strength
- Can correct, shape, colour and misalignment of teeth
Advantages of dental bonding includes:
completed at one appointment
beautiful esthetic result
control over shade and shape of the restoration
- The tendency to chip, stain or crack
- May require replacement after 5 years
- The initial cost is low, however, repeated replacement over the years Increase the cost
A good esthetic alternative to bonding, that addresses the disadvantages of bonding, is the use of porcelain veneers.